[asterisk-users] multiple host= in sip.conf

Greg Oliver greg.oliver at cistera.com
Wed May 30 16:09:53 MST 2007

On Wed, 2007-05-30 at 18:03 -0500, Eric "ManxPower" Wieling wrote:
> David Boyd wrote:
> > Does that mean that even when dynamic dns entries exist and the time
> > live  is set to 15 minutes asterisk will continue to try using the
> old
> > expired results?

I can also say that my experience in putting DynDNS hostnames in
sip.conf do not even get mapped to IP addresses at all.  I have ALWAYS
had to put an actual IP for it to not grab it from eth0 by default.  It
never errors out while reading the config file, or logs anything - I
just know it never looked up the IP for me.

I have not personally tried 1.4 yet, but I would (like you) wish it to
look it up and create the appropriate headers instead of me relying on
my firewall to re-write them.

-Greg