[asterisk-users] (no subject)

David Ruggles david at safedatausa.com
Wed May 30 12:00:37 MST 2007

Need some help with IAX trunking.

I've got six systems:

                 AsteriskM (main)
    ___________________|____________________
   |          |        |          |         |
Asterisk1 Asterisk2 Asterisk3 Asterisk4 Asterisk5

AsteriskM has two Sangoma A102 2 Port T1 cards in it, the other Asterisk
boxes are using ztdummy for timing, they are all using IAX trunking.

My calls come in over Sip or Zap to asteriskm and are routed to one of the
asteriskN servers based on load. The routing is done by a small AGI script
that gets the current load from a monitoring machine and then changes the
priority. Dialplan snippet:
----------- Snippet -----------
exten => _X.,1,AGI(manager.agi)
exten => _X.,100,Dial(IAX2/asterisk1/${EXTEN})
exten => _X.,200,Dial(IAX2/asterisk2/${EXTEN})
exten => _X.,300,Dial(IAX2/asterisk3/${EXTEN})
exten => _X.,400,Dial(IAX2/asterisk4/${EXTEN})
exten => _X.,500,Dial(IAX2/asterisk5/${EXTEN})
----------- Snippet -----------

This works fine for a few calls. I'm using the SIPp package to generate a
10-25 simultaneous call load. Every once in a while I starting seeing loads
of error messages on AsteriskM's console:

chan_iax2.c:7054 socket_process: Peer 'asterisk4' is now UNREACHABLE! Time:
2
chan_iax2.c:6216 socket_read: Out of idle IAX2 threads for I/O, pausing!
chan_iax2.c:909 __schedule_action: Out of idle IAX2 threads for scheduling!
chan_iax2.c:7054 socket_process: Peer 'asterisk4' is now REACHABLE! Time:
134
chan_iax2.c:6216 socket_read: Out of idle IAX2 threads for I/O, pausing!

That is just a small example, I may have 50-100 of these type of messages
scroll very quickly. If I give the system a minute everything goes back to
normal.

I would like some one who is very knowledgeable about IAX to assist me with
this problem. If someone knows a lot about IAX optimization and is willing
to work with me I would be willing to pay for their time.

Thanks,

David Ruggles
CCNA MCSE (NT) CNA A+
Network Engineer	Safe Data, Inc.