[asterisk-users] Please advise: Asterisk on Dell PowerEdge 1750 w/ hyperthreading

bu at westnet.com.au bu at westnet.com.au
Wed May 30 03:26:35 MST 2007

Hi Gordon,

Any reason you mention Debian? Is it just preference? Or...?

I'm a Debian person, myself. We have * 1.2 on a PowerEdge 2950 with
CentOS (which I dislike). We got it commercially done and it's under
warranty, although I don't think they'd mind if we muck around with the
OS - they'd probably just charge if they have to do some servicing. I'd
make sure I have system image backups.

If I had my way / spare time / etc I'd put Debian... but for the risk of
wrecking a perfectly working, production system.

bu