[asterisk-users] Problem on incoming call from Zap channel to SIP phones...

Carlos Chavez cursor at telecomabmex.com
Tue May 29 15:22:45 MST 2007

	I have an Asterisk 1.2.16 server running CentOS 4.4 with a TE110P card
and an OpenVox A1200P card.  Up to today everything was working
perfectly.  The OpenVox card has 8 FXS and 2 FXO ports.  The two faxo
ports are used for a GSM adapter and for an ATA connected to Vonage.

	The problem we started noticing today was that the Vonage line will
receive a call and then cannot connect to any of the SIP phones.  The
port is configured to answer, dial SIP/603 and if that line is busy it
will dial to SIP/604.  Here is the output from the CLI:

    -- Starting simple switch on 'Zap/40-1'
    -- Executing Answer("Zap/40-1", "") in new stack
    -- Executing Set("Zap/40-1", "TIMEOUT(response)=5") in new stack
    -- Response timeout set to 5
    -- Executing Dial("Zap/40-1", "SIP/603|20") in new stack
    -- Called 603
May 29 17:15:35 NOTICE[28703]: chan_sip.c:2012 auto_congest:
Auto-congesting SIP/603-0080d790
    -- SIP/603-0080d790 is circuit-busy
  == Everyone is busy/congested at this time (1:0/1/0)

	As you can see I get the message that says that the phone is busy even
when it is not.  This happens no matter which SIP phone I try to dial on
the server.  I can dial from any other phone to the same extension
without any problems.  Only calls coming from the Vonage line have this
problem.  I can make outgoing calls using that same line.  This was
working until mid day today and there were no changes made to the
configuration until after the problem was detected.

	The only thing I notice is that if I do a "zap show channel 40" it
tells me "Hookstate (FXS only): Offhook" even when the line is not in
use.  The other port connected to the GSM adapter says Onhook.  Also,
when Asterisk answers the call from Vonage I hear a loud click on the
phone and after it has tried both extensions I can hear the Voicemail
message play.

Carlos Chávez Prats
Director de Tecnología
+52-55-91169161 ext 2001