[asterisk-users] TDM bus extension.

Matthew Fredrickson creslin at digium.com
Tue May 29 08:56:29 MST 2007

On May 25, 2007, at 4:24 PM, William Moore wrote:

> On 5/25/07, Alex Balashov <abalashov at evaristesys.com> wrote:
>>
>> In reference to an old post from 2002:
>>
>> http://www.marko.net/asterisk/archives/0203/0103.html
>>
>> How does one go about doing this?
> I think what mark was referring to there is dynamic spans.  They
> actually work over a standard ethernet network.  They are configured
> in zaptel.conf and zapata.conf just like any other zaptel device.
>
>> Also, what is the present status of the OpenSS7 stack in Asterisk?
>> What
>> can it do now?
> The SS7 stack in asterisk is still under development.  Any comments
> mattf?

SS7 support is in trunk right now.  We can always use more testers for
the stack :-)

To use, check zaptel-trunk, libss7, and asterisk-trunk

svn co http://svn.digium.com/svn/zaptel/trunk zaptel-trunk
svn co http://svn.digium.com/svn/libss7/trunk libss7
svn co http://svn.digium.com/svn/asterisk/trunk asterisk-trunk

Compile, and look at the README file in libss7 for zaptel configuration
and the sample zapata.conf for asterisk configuration.

Matthew Fredrickson