[asterisk-users] RE: Bottom line on fax reception

Tim Litwiller tim at litwiller.net
Mon May 28 16:35:21 MST 2007

Greg Kennedy wrote:

> I gave up on the rxfax business as it never worked for me. I use
> iaxmodem and hylafax and it works perfectly, every single time i use
> it. inbound or outbound doesnt matter.
> I have not read about anyone using iaxmodem and hylafax having any
> issues. and its fairly easy to setup. Took me about 1 hour total to
> get everything installed and configured.

Where is a how to on this and does it pass thru to a fax machine?  I've
been fighting with getting faxing to work on my home asterisk machine
and have given up.  But if you say it works well and reliably on large
volume I'd be willing to try again on my home machine.

We get a quite low volume of faxes 10 or less per week. But they are how
my wifes  family communicates and when our fax does work we start to
loose contact with them, so she would argue that we should go back to
plain old telephones.