[asterisk-users] Bottom line on fax reception

shadowym shadowym at hotmail.com
Mon May 28 14:55:09 MST 2007

Thanks for all the replies.  Seems there are at least 2 or 3 people giving
strong recommendations to iaxmodem/hylafax as a reliable (ie. business grade
production) solution.  That is just the sort of feedback I was looking for.

My application is just standard business reception of faxes.  Right now they
use WinFax and probably receive about 30 to 50 faxes a day.  I want to wean
them off Winfax as it's not really supported anymore and I dislike all
things Symantec in general.

Receiving faxes on Asterisk has the added benefit of being able to use the
fax line as an extra outgoing line when the rest are in use.  That is what
they are doing now on their key system and they don't want to lose that
ability.  I don't blame them.