[asterisk-users] Language in Zaptel.conf

Carlos Chavez cursor at telecomabmex.com
Mon May 28 14:08:35 MST 2007

	I am having a problem setting the default language for Zap interfaces.
I have an Asterisk 1.4.4 server on CentOS 5 with two Astribank 8 units
for analog devices.  Here is a sample configuration on one of the ports:

language=es
context=oficina
callerid="Miriam Perez Vite"<100>
mailbox=100
usecallerid=yes
callwaiting=yes
threewaycalling=yes
transfer=yes
cancallforward=yes
callreturn=yes
echocancel=yes
echotraining=800
rxgain=0.0
txgain=0.0
busydetect=yes
busycount=6
callprogress=no
accountcode=General
amaflags=default
signalling=fxo_ks
pickupgroup=1
callgroup=1
faxdetect=no
group=0
channel => 32

	As you can see I set the language=es parameter (and do this for all
interfaces).  I installed the spanish sound set for Asterisk
in /var/lib/asterisk/sounds/es (with links to the appropriate
directories for letter, digits, phonetic, etc).  All Zap interfaces
still play all sounds in English.  Only if I do a
Set(CHANNEL(language)=es) do I get the sounds in Spanish.  When I do a
"zap show channels" the language column is blank.

	The server also has an E1 with Unicall where I have also set the
default language to Spanish and all calls coming through the E1 do play
the sounds in Spanish.  Any ideas why the Zap channels do not want to
set the default language?

Carlos Chávez Prats
Director de Tecnología
+52-55-91169161 ext 2001