[asterisk-users] Asterisk 1.2.18 problem

Robert Lister robl at linx.net
Sun May 27 09:49:21 MST 2007

On Sun, May 27, 2007 at 05:43:59PM +0200, MOSBAH ABDELKADER wrote:
> hello,
>
> I have installed asterisk 1.2.18 in suse 10.2. After typing asterisk in the
> terminal command line (i don't think that asterisk runs when doing this) i
> type "asterisk -r" but the response" is "Unable to connect to remote
> asterisk (does /var/run/asterisk.ctl exist?)".

Is asterisk running?

If it is not running (i.e, configuration file missing somewhere) then you
need to correct that.

Check the permissions on the file /var/run/asterisk.ctl.

If you are running asterisk -r as a non-root user, then you need to make
sure that user has permission (group etc.) to read/write this fiel.

Rob