[asterisk-users] Connect two Asterisk boxes through IVR Menu

Matt Darnell mattdarnell at gmail.com
Sat May 26 18:13:44 MST 2007

Hello,

I have two Asterisk boxes, each in a different office.  Extensions are 1xx &
2xx in office 1 and 3xx if office 2.

I have setup IAX2 trunks between them as well as the Outbound Routes.
Intra-office dialing works great.

I can figure out how to transfer an incoming SIP call to the other office
using the IVR.  Transferring to extensions on the same system works great.

I have tried this command every way I can imagine, even hard coding the
extension:
exten => _3xx,1,dial(IAX2/{$EXTEN})
exten => 300,1,dial(IAX2/301)

Is there something else you need to transfer using an IAX2 trunk from an
IVR?  The outbound route has 3xx for the pattern & that works for extension
dialing, I thought the IVR would use the same method.  My Outbound Routes
are called "office1" & "office2", the trunks are called "to-office1" &
"to-office2".

Thank you in advance for you assistance.

Thermal