[asterisk-users] chan_capi install problems

CSB cameron.beattie at appsteam.co.nz
Sat May 26 14:29:08 MST 2007

>> The current RPM
>> ftp://ftp.melware.net/Trixbox/chan_capi-1.0.1_1.2.14-1.i386.rpm installs
>> but
>
> This precompiled RPM is for the previous trixbox asterisk version 1.2.14.
> A new RPM will follow soon...

I look forward to it.

> If you want to compile chan-capi by yourself, you need to install all dev-
> packages to have the needed header files. I think this should do it:
>  yum -y install isdn4k-utils-devel asterisk-devel

Having done that, I now get a message on asterisk startup:
May 27 21:23:43 VERBOSE[4288] logger.c:  [chan_capi.so]May 27 21:23:43
WARNING[4288] loader.c: /usr/lib/asterisk/modules/chan_capi.so: undefined
symbol: ast_pickup_call
May 27 21:23:43 WARNING[4288] loader.c: Loading module chan_capi.so failed!

> But if the trixbox asterisk version again has special patches applied
> (something like jitterbuffer patch) which is not known to external modules
> like chan-capi, the compiled chan-capi may cause craches because it just
> doesn't match with the configured asterisk header files.

I am intending to use Trixbox but in the meantime for testing purposes have
installed Asterisk from source.

Any further advice appreciated.

Cameron