[asterisk-users] wait for rings, answer on outdial via SIP

Barry Porch bporch at watsonconnects.com
Fri May 25 09:58:51 MST 2007

Hello,

I am working on an outdial project and the Asterisk box is connected
behind a PBX via SIP.  When a call from the Asterisk box is routed out
over the PRI attached to the PBX I am not getting proper call progress.
The PBX is indicating that the call is answered while it is still
ringing at the far end.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how I should go about waiting for a
variable number of rings followed by the answer before playing my
outbound greeting (over a SIP channel)?  NVLineDetect looks like it
would work for this but I'm not sure if it's still supported and/or
distributed.

I am using BackgroundDetect to wait for the greeting ("hello," etc.)
following the answer.  I just don't know how to deal with the variable
number of rings.

Any help would be appreciated.

Barry