[asterisk-users] Matching "+" at the beginning of the line

Steve Langstaff steve.langstaff at citel.com
Fri May 25 08:14:12 MST 2007

I came across an issue where the user interface I was using (FreePBX?) to enter expressions was silently swallowing backslash characters (this wasn't regexp, but my dialplan had to add a SIP header with a semicolon in - that was falling foul of the comment character matching for the user interface, so I had to escape it, but that was being stripped elsewere!)

So I wanted the following in the dial plan:

Blah;blah

But I had to enter:

Blah\\;blah

And when this was displayed on the user interface it was shown as:

Blah\;blah

Just a thought.