[asterisk-users] Echo on hard SIP devices...

Carlos Chavez cursor at telecomabmex.com
Thu May 24 20:57:41 MST 2007

     We have an installation with around 50 sip phones but only 5 of those are
hardware.  There are three Grandstream phones, one Snom and one PAP2T.  We are
running Asterisk 1.2.8 with an E1 (R2).  Only the hard phones are having
problems which are either echo or distortion.  The softphones all work fine
and no one is reporting any problems.

     They are using 3Com switches which are fairly new.  I have really tried
all the settings I can think of and it seems impossible that all 5 hard phones
are defective.  Obviously the customer is irritated because the hard phones
belong to the director and the receptionist and they notice the problem all
day.  I still think the problem may be with the switch but I just want to
check if anyone has had an experience like this before.

--
Carlos Chavez
Director de Tecnología