[asterisk-users] meetme sounds

Steve Edwards asterisk.org at sedwards.com
Thu May 24 08:30:13 MST 2007

On Thu, 24 May 2007, Julian Lyndon-Smith wrote:

> I am playing around with dynamic meetme conferences, and wanted to have one
> person constantly in the conference, with calls "popping in and out".
>
> Is there an option / any way of playing enter / leave sounds to the person
> who created the conference only, and not the people leaving / joining ?

Not out of the box.

I did this for a customer a couple of years ago.

As I remember, the "key" was to add code to conf_run() to take the user
out of the conference, play the custom sound file, and put them back into
the conference. These in/out steps are needed to keep that user in sync
with the conference. Otherwise, their audio will be offset by the length
of the sound file.

Thanks in advance,