[asterisk-users] Asterisk Time Card

David Gomillion david.gomillion at gmail.com
Thu May 24 08:12:49 MST 2007

On 5/24/07, Alex Balashov <abalashov at evaristesys.com> wrote:

> This is all definitely possible by using Asterisk database interfaces, but
> I cannot find an existing implementation of something of this nature.
>
> It is an unusual and clever application of Asterisk.  :-)

Don't know how unusual. When I do contract work, most of the jobs I do have
a phone number to log in and out thru.

By the way, when I wrote the module, I cheated and used a System call
(although I would use the TrySystem if I were to do it again) and called a
very simple PHP script. Oh, and I authenticated within the dialplan so that
I could easily play useful error messages without checking the returned
value of the PHP script.

Not the best system, but it worked in my testing.