[asterisk-users] Asterisk Time Card

Mike Clark mike at infoanywhere.com
Thu May 24 07:43:31 MST 2007

Nitesh Divecha wrote:
> Thanks for your reply,
>
> The basic system would work as follows: -
>
> Method 1
> =======
> An employee would call in to the system and a welcome message is
> prompted. After that a employee is asked to enter the employee ID and
> PIN number and once verified Employee ID, Caller ID, and time of day is
> stored into MySQL DB. By end of the day employee will call in again to
> logout from the system and same information is stored into the DB.
>
> Method 2
> =======
> This time employee is verified with Caller ID, so the employee ID and
> PIN number is skipped and time of day is logged into the DB.
>
> Is it possible?
>
> Thanks,
> Nitesh

Nitesh:

This would be pretty easy using AGI. We haven't done time and
attendance, but have implemented some reasonably complex IVR payment
systems integrating with MySQL. Many others have done similar and even
more extensive applications in this manner.

Google "Asterisk AGI" and this should get you started.

Mike Clark