[asterisk-users] WiFi SIP phones

Michael Graves dickson at covad.net
Thu May 24 06:52:18 MST 2007

So many hotspots require some form of web based login, possibly even with acceptance of a browser cookie. That takes a lot fo wifi SIP devices out of the game. The best sucess I had
while travelling with the WIP5000 in my bag was also carrying an Apple Airport Express. This allowed me to use wired network access in hotels on a wlan with known properties.

However, while it was an interesting project, it was never as practical as my cell phone.

Michael