[asterisk-users] WiFi SIP phones

SIP sip at arcdiv.com
Thu May 24 05:00:54 MST 2007

I've gotten SIP calls to work via hotspots on a Dell Axim running
SJ-Phone. I've also had reasonable success with a Nokia E60. I've had
ZERO luck from a hotspot on the UTStarCom phones, nor on the Linksys
wifi phones. I'm not quite sure yet why something which is ONLY a wifi
phone has more issues connecting to wifi hotspots than, say,
multi-function devices.

However, looking at the shortcuts both developers have taken in their
firmware, I'm of the opinion it's just sloppy code.