[asterisk-users] modprobe

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Thu May 24 04:38:26 MST 2007

On Thu, May 24, 2007 at 12:16:26PM +0200, Giorgio Incantalupo wrote:
> Hi Josu,
> I had the same problem with wctdm.....I just loaded zaptel before wctdm
> and it was all ok.
> Hope it can help you.  :)

Actually, you don't need to modprobe zaptel explicitly. You just need
to not run ztcfg at modprobe time.

On some systems (notably RHEL4/centos4, and probably some matching
fedoras) generation of the udev nodes was horribly slow, and hence
you need to wait a few seconds after you insmod zaptel (which happens
implicitly when you modproe any other zaptel module) till you can run
ztcfg.

But this is not really his problem. In his case zaptel did not get loaded
at all.

--
               Tzafrir Cohen
icq#16849755                    jabber:tzafrir at jabber.org