[asterisk-users] modprobe

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Thu May 24 03:14:53 MST 2007

On Thu, May 24, 2007 at 11:17:57AM +0200, Josu Lazkano wrote:
> Hello every boy again
>
> I have some problems with modprobe. When I type "modprobe zaphfc", this
> error happens "FATAL: Module zaphfc not found."

zaphfc is part of bristuff. have you installed brisuff (or any other
bristuffed zaptel package, such as the one from Debian)?

> And when I tyoe "ztcfg -vv" this error happens:
>
> Notice: Configuration file is /etc/zaptel.conf
> line 0: Unable to open master device '/dev/zap/ctl'

This is normally an indication that the module zaptel is not loaded.
Which makes sense, as the driver you modprobed for did not exist nd hence
could not pull zaptel with it.

What zaptel hardware do you have? How have you installed Zaptel?

--
               Tzafrir Cohen
icq#16849755                    jabber:tzafrir at jabber.org
+972-50-7952406           mailto:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com