[asterisk-users] There is no tone on an outgoing call

Anselm Martin Hoffmeister anselm at hoffmeister-online.de
Thu May 24 02:18:49 MST 2007

Am Donnerstag, den 24.05.2007, 10:44 +0200 schrieb dima:
> Hello, everyone.
> I'm having a strange problem with my asterisk. After dialing and before
> the other side picks up the phone I should hear the tones (I'm not sure
> what are they called: piiiiiiiiiiii---piiiiiiiiiiiiii....) and in almost
> all cases that is true. However there is a range of numbers where I'm
> having this problem. There is no tones, just silence, until someone
> picks up the phone. This does not occur when I call to those numbers
> with a mobile or regular PSTN phone.
> Has anyone experienced anything similar? Where I should be looking to
> correct this?
> Thanks in advance
>
> P.S. I'm using asterisk 1.2.18. The Dial command is the same for all
> calls: _X.,n,Dial(SIP/${EXTEN}@provider-out,45)

Same thing here for some calls (randomly, seems not to depend on the
number called, but I do not keep statistics of it). I have been to lazy
to investigate (it seems only my personal SIP provider does this, but
the other SIP lines my * is connected to) -- I think there is a Dial()
option that makes sure that a "ringing" sound is provided even if the
upstream provider does not send it. See the voip-info.org page about
Dial(), it should be covered there.

BR
Anselm