[asterisk-users] There is no tone on an outgoing call

Barry O'Donovan barry+asterisk-users at opensolutions.ie
Thu May 24 02:04:00 MST 2007

On Thursday 24 May 2007 09:44, dima wrote:
> in almost all cases that is true

> However there is a range of numbers where I'm having this problem. There is
> no tones, just silence, until someone picks up the phone.
> This does not occur when I call to those numbers with a mobile or regular
> PSTN phone.

If it's working for most numbers and these few then I would suggest it's an
issue at the other end and not yours.

> P.S. I'm using asterisk 1.2.18. The Dial command is the same for all
> calls: _X.,n,Dial(SIP/${EXTEN}@provider-out,45)

Try using:  _X.,n,Dial(SIP/${EXTEN}@provider-out,45,r)

    r    - Indicate ringing to the calling party. Pass no audio to the calling
           party until the called channel has answered.

It's possibly what your mobile and PSTN supplier do themselves...

 - Barry

--

Kind regards,
Barry O'Donovan