[asterisk-users] WiFi SIP phones

Duncan Turnbull duncan at e-simple.co.nz
Wed May 23 20:50:32 MST 2007

I have a recent dual gsm /wifi from e28 via Skyvoice. (http://myskyvoice.com/) Its built to use voip or gsm and is about the same
price as existing wifi phones. My main hassle is it doesn' yet do WPA - WEP's okay and they say WPA is only a firmware load away ;-)
, and it has a browser to login if you need to.

So far so good and then to some degree I am not sure I would use a wifi only phone again

That said wifi voip is still occasionally flaky but I much prefer it to soft clients on the laptop.

Cheers Duncan

  _____