[asterisk-users] FXS + Pots Extensions Help

Sean M. Pappalardo pegasus at renegadetech.com
Wed May 23 07:12:20 MST 2007

Rob Schall wrote:
> understanding with DIDs (and its limited), is they have to belong to a
> PRI. The only way that is cheaper than a few pots lines is if you needed

This is not true, since analog DID trunks do exist.

> I was hoping for a solution more along the lines of.... Use this "x"
> variable that contains what ZAP channel it came in on, then I can
> program that one to point to a particular person.

Actually with DID, you'd just program the dialplan the same as for a
PRI, since the variables for DID should be the same regardless of which
channel type/technology the call comes in on. (You wouldn't tie Zap FXO
channels directly to extensions unless using non-DID POTS lines where
each has only one number, which doesn't sound like what you are wanting
to do.)

Sean

This E-Mail message has been scanned for viruses
and cleared by >>SmartMail<< from Smarter Technology, Inc.