[asterisk-users] FXS + Pots Extensions Help

Sean M. Pappalardo pegasus at renegadetech.com
Wed May 23 07:01:33 MST 2007

Alex Balashov wrote:
>> Sure, it's called a DID trunk. It's basically just a regular analog
>> phone line but the CO switch sends down the digits dialed in one of a

>   Sean, I am curious--what do these look like these days?  Are they
> ordinary T1s?  CAS/robbed-bit?  Do these just use the signaling portions
> associated with each channel to deliver the winks, and do the channels
> correspond to the appropriate timeslots on the voice trunk?  How does
> this work?

I'm not sure of the technical details as I don't have one installed yet,
but from my discussions with the phone companies and some phone
installers I know, these are just your average analog tip/ring lines.
They just have some extra signaling to get the digits to you. Give a
call to your phone service provider and ask to speak with a technical group.

Sean

This E-Mail message has been scanned for viruses
and cleared by >>SmartMail<< from Smarter Technology, Inc.