[asterisk-users] Issue installing TE212P -- Echo Cancellor not working -- VPM450: Not Present

Deepak Naidu deepak_nai at yahoo.com
Tue May 22 14:08:59 MST 2007

Hi,
      I have installed TE212P.  Loaded the zaptel modules & wc2xxp module for TE212P.

 The span are up & I can make a call, but the echo issue exists, so its same like my old TE110P card.

So I called Digium support.  They said that the card may be bad or the modules are not loaded for Hardware echo cancellor.  He said one should see Octasia & VPM successfull message for the hardware echo cancellor to be working.

I get this is dmesg(which means hardware echo cancellor module is not loaded.

VPM400: Not Present
VPM450: Not Present

But I dont see any, I just see the below in dmesg.

TE2XXP: Setting up global serial parameters
Found a Wildcard: Wildcard TE210P (3rd Gen)
eth0: no IPv6 routers present
About to enter spanconfig!
Done with spanconfig!
Registered tone zone 0 (United States / North America)
About to enter startup!
TE2XXP: Span 1 configured for ESF/B8ZS
wct2xxp: Setting yellow alarm on span 1
SPAN 1: Primary Sync Source
VPM400: Not Present
VPM450: Not Present
Completed startup!
wct2xxp: Clearing yellow alarm on span 1
Zaptel Transcoder support loaded

Has any one had this issue with RHEL4-Update 4. Please let me know your views.

--
Deepak