[asterisk-users] Net 2 Phone - Asterisk - Problem

Milton Davila davila.milton at gmail.com
Tue May 22 09:23:00 MST 2007

Hi there,

I am having some problems while trying to place phone calls through Asterisk
to Net2phone, this is my setup:

I have a SIP phone connected directly to my Asterisk box from where I want
the call to origin; in sip.conf:

[mySIP]
type=friend
username=mySIP
secret=mySecret
host=dynamic
context=outgoing

I read that I have to make some changes in sip.conf, in order to make it
work with Net2phone:

http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Asterisk+settings+Net2phone

So these are the changes I made in sip.conf:

[general]
useragent = X-Lite release 1103m
register => PHONENUMBER:PASSWORD at sip.net2phone.com

[net2phone]
type = peer
host = sip.net2phone.com
username = PHONENUMBER
secret = PASSWORD
fromuser = PHONENUMBER
fromdomain = net2phone.com
context = incoming
insecure = very
canreinvite = no

Now here is my extensions.conf:

[outgoing]
exten => _9NXXNXXXXXX,1,Dial(SIP/net2phone/${EXTEN:1})

If I type "sip show registry" in the Asterisk console, it shows that the
state of the Net2phone sip is "Registered".

The problem is that when I call any phone is USA: 1-XXX-XXX-XXXX, I only get
a busy tone. So I can never really place a call.

What can be the problem?

I am using Asterisk 1.4.2 on Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5.