[asterisk-users] Dialplan Problem - Outgoing

Erik Wartusch we at deuromedia.at
Tue May 22 04:53:02 MST 2007

Hi,

I have some really disturbing problems with Asterisk 1.4.1 and my dialplan for
outgoing calls. First of all i switched some weeks ago from * 1.2 (bristuffed
version ) to this version and in my opinion a lot more troubles arose....

For outgoing calls I use a Digium B410P with chan_misdn (before a Junghanns
QuadBRI with zap).

1) So first thing is, that a user reports to me (highly frequented phone, a
SNOM 360 with latest FM) that 5 out of 10 calls Asterisk is playing after
DIAL "Nobody is available to take your call at the moment". In which specific
cases Asterisk jumps to s-NOANSWER?
I read through the UPGRADE.txt but I didn't find any changes or removals of
commands, regarding to that.

2) Since the Asterisk change (1.2 <--> 1.4 ) --> If the SNOM 360 calls a
Linksys SPA xxx and also Thomson ST 2030  (internally, SIP) there is no audio
transmission anymore (just ringing). That was working pretty fine before ....
I switched of RTP encryption on the SNOM 360 after a hint from SNOM here on
the list, but it doesn't work.

Finaly I think such a * version switch must be really carefully done and also
expecting some troubles.....

Kind Regards,

Erik

My first lines for the outgoing context (mainly call state handling):
[outgoing]
        exten => s,1,Answer
        exten => s,2,Noop()
        exten => s,3,Wait,1
        exten => s,4,Set(TIMEOUT(digit)=4)
        exten => s,5,Set(TIMEOUT(response)=10)
        exten => s,6,ChanIsAvail(${OUT})                ; Is there a free
channe
l?
        exten => s,7,Playtones(pm)

        ;
        ; No free channel.
        ;
        exten => s,107,Playback(conf-noempty)
        exten => s,108,Hangup

        ;
        ; CHANUNAVAIL after Dial(), if there is no
        ; free line.
        ;
        exten => s-CHANUNAVAIL,1,Playback(all-circuits-busy)
        exten => s-CHANUNAVAIL,2,Playback(pls-try-again-later)
        exten => s-CHANUNAVAIL,3,Hangup

        exten => s-BUSY,1,Playtones(busy)
        exten => s-BUSY,2,Hangup

        exten => s-CONGESTION,1,Playtones(congestion)
        exten => s-CONGESTION,2,Hangup

        exten => s-NOANSWER,1,Playback(vm-nobodyavail)
        exten => s-NOANSWER,2,Hangup

        exten => t,1,Goto(#,1)                          ; If they take too
long,
 give up

        exten => i,1,Playback(invalid)                  ; "That's not valid,
try
 again"
        exten => i,2,Hangup