[asterisk-users] VoiceMail Access

Anselm Martin Hoffmeister anselm at hoffmeister-online.de
Tue May 22 04:34:51 MST 2007

Am Montag, den 21.05.2007, 23:16 -0500 schrieb Mike Hammett:
> If it is easy, could you enlighten me?  I have another thread on caller ID
> matching, but I haven't received any positive responses.

In the context where your internal calls usually are handled, like this
(my internal phones have SIP accounts like sip501 with a number between
501 and 599):

exten => _5XX,1,Dial(SIP/sip${EXTEN})

insert lines beforehand that check the caller id against the extension:

exten => _5XX,1,GotoIf($[0${EXTEN}=0${CALLERID(num)}?voicemail,1)
exten => _5XX,2,Dial(SIP/sip${EXTEN})

exten => voicemail,1,VoiceMailMain(${CALLERID(num)},s)

If you want them to have to enter their voicemail password although
calling from their own phone, remove the s (IIRC) - there are docs on
the voip-info.org wiki about all this.

Make sure that noone can fake a callerid when coming into that
context... the nice thing about it having it like this is that users
with a softphone can call "voicemail" instead of a number.

About the key to be pressed when calling one's own voicebox from abroad:
You can use the voicemail.conf settings "exitcontext" and "operator" for
this. I do not currently, so caveat emptor:
**voicemail.conf
exitcontext=voicemailout
operator=yes

**extensions.conf
[voicemailout]
exten => a,1,VoiceMailMain()
exten => o,1,VoiceMailMain()

This way the users should be redirected to the voicemail login prompt
when they press "*" or "0" during the message (Again: beware, I did not
test this). They will have to enter the voicebox number and pin.

I do not know wether there is a method to get the voicebox number at
this point, such that only the pin needs to be entered. Perhaps setting
a variable (before calling voicemail(123) happens) would do the trick,
but I do not know wether that variable will still exists when jumping to
that voicemailout context.

BR
Anselm