[asterisk-users] Call to an arbitrary outbound number by asterisk

Don Kelly dk at donkelly.biz
Mon May 21 21:38:45 MST 2007

If I had to make a wild guess, I'd expect that when you make a call
off-campus you must dial an access code first.

Looking at columbia.edu, I see that you're expected to dial '93' for a local
number.

1+xxxx is a number in the Centrex dial plan for the Morningside campus.

http://www.columbia.edu/acis/telecom/tutorial.html#dialing

Asterisk is dialing all 10 digits, just as you expected it to.

Your dial plan is not prepending the '93,' so the campus
pbx/centrex/switch/whatever thinks you're dialing an on-campus number and
uses just the first five digits to complete the call.

As '917' is a local call, is the '1' required?

  --Don

Don Kelly
CT Magic

  _____