[asterisk-users] MoH WAY too loud

Jay Moore jaymoore at accu-com.com
Mon May 21 13:22:17 MST 2007

Doug,

Thanks for the reply.  Immediately after hitting send I found exactly
what I was looking for.  Don't know why I didn't consider doing a 'man
sox' earlier.  I must be getting senile. ;)

That said, I altered my initial .gsm files and made them 75% quieter (-v
.25).  I replaced my loud files with my newer, quieter files and
reloaded res_musiconhold.so to no avail.  I confirmed the new files
*are* quieter, but Asterisk still plays them extremely loud.  Do I need
to reload a different module, or perhaps completely restart Asterisk to
use these newer files?

Thanks,
Jay