[asterisk-users] MoH WAY too loud

Jay Moore jaymoore at accu-com.com
Mon May 21 11:59:17 MST 2007

Hi folks!

I'm having a problem where my music on hold is just blaring to my
callers.  I've tried several different formats (converting using mpg123
and sox) and adjusted my musiconhold.conf to use quietmp3, to no avail.
  Every file plays way too loud.

I did notice that sox has a -v flag for adjusting volume, but danged if
I can find documentation online that'll tell me what parameter to pass.

Any help any of you can provide would be much appreciated, thanks.

Jay

PS - What file type should I be using for MoH anyway?  I know mp3 is
out, but is wav or gsm preferred?  Or is there another format I should
consider?  Thanks!