[asterisk-users] asterisk and fax machine

Greg Woods greg at gregandeva.net
Mon May 21 08:57:36 MST 2007

On Mon, 2007-05-21 at 12:49 +0200, Thomas Artner wrote:

> My solution is that I let asterisk pick up every call, and if it is a
> fax, then the call is forwarded to a fax-machine.
> If its a voice call, the call is forwarded to the phones.

That is what I do as well. Use the "fax" extension to forward FAX calls.
This does require that the FAX machine be connected to an FXS port on
your Digium card.

I do this with another computer with a FAX modem connected to an FXS
port on my Digium card and it works great. Eventually, I'd like to move
the FAX modem to the same machine with the Digium card so that I won't
have to have another machine up to receive faxes; anybody ever tried
that? It would be something I've never tried, having an RJ-11 cable
between two cards in the same box. Any grounding/feedback issues with
doing that?

--Greg