[asterisk-users] VoiceMail Access

Mike Hammett asterisk-users at ics-il.net
Mon May 21 06:20:14 MST 2007

I was looking at the ILECs' web sites to determine how their users access
voicemail.

I looked at AT&T, Verizon, Qwest, and Embarq.

They supported one or a combination of the following for calling from your
phone:

*98

Toll free number

Your number

A varying phone number, based on your number's location.

Calling from anywhere else, they supported:

Hitting star when you hear your greeting when calling yourself

Toll free number

What method should I use for my users checking their voicemail?  Can
Asterisk voicemail be made to accept hitting * during the greeting to enter
the voicemail system?  If they call their own number, how do I get Asterisk
to recognize that and take them to the voicemail system?

-----
Mike Hammett
Intelligent Computing Solutions
http://www.ics-il.com