[asterisk-users] "dtmf transcoding" with asterisk

Hagai Sela (TA) hagai at liveperson.com
Mon May 21 01:40:36 MST 2007

Hi,
I am trying to configure asterisk to translate between rfc2833 and
inband DTMF.
I have a cisco gateway which is configured as a trunk, and a cisco IP
phone which is registered to asterisk. The gateway does not support
rfc2833 and the IP phone does.
I tried changing directrtpsetup to "no", and that didn't help. I tried
changing "canreinvite" to "no", but that didn't help either.

I tried adding some device-specific configuaration to sip.conf, and now
my calls are rejected with a status code of "404 not found".
This is what I added in sip.conf:

[6102]

type=friend

canreinvite=no