[asterisk-users] Call someone to instantly join conference using MeetMe

Dave Miller justdave at mozilla.com
Sun May 20 00:07:51 MST 2007

Arpit Mehta wrote on 5/19/07 10:18 PM:

> I was just wondering how would the application be where the Asterisk
> calls a number and that number joins the conference as soon as the call
> connects. There would be only one conference already defined in
> meetme.conf and there is one person already joined the conference.
> Currently MeetMe requires a person dialing into it and the joining the
> conference. How could this be done using MeetMe or any other conference
> application? Any suggestions/hints/links are welcome.

Set up an extension that dials directly into the conference in question,
then use that extension via the Local channel as the source of a call to
the number you want to dial, triggered via the Management API or a call
file.

[meetme-dialin]
exten => 1234,1,Answer()
exten => 1234,n,MeetMe(4321)

Pipe the following into the Manager API with an extra blank line at the end:

Action: Originate
Channel: Local/1234 at meetme-dialin
Context: from-inside (or whatever context is appropriate)
Exten: (the number you want to call)

I'm going from memory, so you may have to play with it a little bit but
that's the basic idea.

--
Dave Miller                                   http://www.justdave.net/
System Administrator, Mozilla Corporation      http://www.mozilla.com/