[asterisk-users] Asterisk and iBasis

Yossi Ben Hagai yossibh at gmail.com
Sat May 19 13:43:37 MST 2007

iBasis, like many providers uses a softswitch in which separate elements
handle the signaling (SIP/H.323) and media gateways handle the media (RTP).

when you send a call with the Dial command you state iBasis signaling
address and the Asterisk sets it's own media IP/Port in the SDP. when iBasis
send back a response it states it's own media IP/Port in the SDP (which can
be different from the signaling IP) so the asterisk will know where to send
the RTP packets. so in terms of asterisk configuration you don't need to do
anything different from what you would usually do..