[asterisk-users] Asterisk on OpenSuSE 10.2

Malcom Kemp mkemp at tecinfo.net
Sat May 19 07:18:24 MST 2007

I am new at this.  I have read "Asterisk: The Future of Telephony" and have installed AsteriskNOW (beta 4, due to the dual processor problem in beta 5).  The GUI interface does not seem to provide the capability that I need, although I have modified the *.conf files to successfully create what I need.  Given this, I would like to install Asterisk on a distro.  I am most familiar with SuSE, and have the OpenSuSE 10.2 distro.

I downloaded asterisk-1.4.4.tar.gz, zaptel-1.4.2.1.tar.gz, and libpri-1.4.0.tar.gz.  I have untarred these, and have tried to run make.  When I run "make clean" on zaptel, it give me an error about an included makefile not having a clean target.  When I attempt to run make on Asterisk, the "make clean" runs, but when I try make, it gives me a message saying I have to run configuration script first.  If I run "make config", it give me a message that the distribution is not supported.

Has anyone put Asterisk on the 10.2 distro?  Any pointers?

Thanks.