[asterisk-users] cpu usage for G.729 codec

Matthew Rubenstein email at mattruby.com
Fri May 18 07:40:39 MST 2007

(Note: resending with proper Subject)

	If I use Asterisk to initiate two call legs with a callfile, dialing
the channel and setting the extension to an AGI that dials another
channel, and both dial by SIP connection to a switch that allows only
G.729, do I need a G.729 codec running on Asterisk? Do I need 2?

	And if I use the callfile to connect by SIP to a switch that allows
only G.729, then use the extension AGI to play a file pre-encoded in
G.729, do I need a codec? Where is the SW that encodes files in G.729?

--

(C) Matthew Rubenstein