[asterisk-users] Multiple lines on Linksys/Sipura phones

Kevin DeGraaf kevin at kdegraaf.net
Thu May 17 13:08:44 MST 2007

I'm going to be deploying around 30 IP phones with Asterisk in the near
future.  I've tentatively settled on the Linksys/Sipura SPA9xx family.

I am unclear on the notion of "lines" in the context of SIP phones like
these.  The SPA942 model has a 2-line-to-4-line upgrade available, but I
don't know why I'd need to purchase it.

I have tested a SPA942 with Asterisk, and even without the upgrade, I
can easily send/receive/hold four separate calls at a time, using the
four line keys.

What am I missing?  Thanks.

--
Kevin DeGraaf