[asterisk-users] CDR changes in 1.4.3?

Bryan Laird negativeduck at gmail.com
Thu May 17 11:00:32 MST 2007

<snipped above and bellow>

I did a quick search through the online forums for reference to CALEA
and didn't see much,  What is the stance with asterisk and CALEA
compliance.  My assumption is and correct me if I'm off base
it's a pbx box not an ss7 so any did's / npa-nxx are being delivered
form a LEC.  That mean the LEC is required to be complaint however
asterisk in it's own guts is not.  That being said if you were trying
to be compliant the solution would be a external device that one of
the clearing houses can talk to and setup the monitoring.  Am I
entirely off base here or am I looking at this the correct way?

>> From a billing standpoint no whats the point? For statistical
>> purposes
>> I think its useful. For VoIP serviceprovider also very useful
>> customer
>> probably wants full call logs. I don't think your idea is too much
>> CALEA-compliant either.
>
> Viva la CALEA! OK. Forget the filtering. The Gov shall have
> everything.

Bryan Laird, Sr. Manager CM Operations
Phone: 703-944-9909
                        -+-
Cablemodems are the gateway to the Internet.
The Internet is a gateway to some things that are  better left un-seen.