[asterisk-users] FastAGI hangs up channel if server is not available

Lee Jenkins lee at datatrakpos.com
Thu May 17 09:57:27 MST 2007

Hi all,

Running 1.2.14

When I call a FastAGI script such as this script for an incoming call:

[calldirect]
exten=>s,1,Answer()
exten=>s,2,AGI(agi://192.168.1.175/calldirect?check&${CALLERID(num)})
exten=>s,3,Goto(check_time,s,1)

and the FastAGI server is not running (Asterisk gets "connection
refused" TCP error), Asterisk just terminates the call like so:

May 17 12:58:00 WARNING[10154]: res_agi.c:210 launch_netscript: Connect
to 'agi://192.168.1.175/calldirect?check&NNNNNNNNNN' failed: Connection
refused
   == Spawn extension (remove_caller, s, 2) exited non-zero on
'SIP/datatrak-0978b670'

The text of the relevant wiki article
(http://www.voip-info.org/wiki-Asterisk+FastAGI) infers that execution
should roll through to the next executable line in the context where it
was called in the case of an error in executing the FastAGI:

"Asterisk 1.2
Under Asterisk 1.2, if a request to a FastAGI service failed for any
reason, there was no way to determine this from the dialplan. The
recommended action is to set a channel variable before calling the
FastAGI, setting that variable to a known value within the FastAGI, and
then checking that variable once the AGI has returned..."

Is there a setting/var that I am missing?

Thanks for taking the time.

--

Warm Regards,

Lee