[asterisk-users] Re: MeetMe and ChannelRedirect

Tony Mountifield tony at softins.clara.co.uk
Thu May 17 02:20:14 MST 2007

In article <464B67D9.3080801 at visionbr.com.br>,
Rafael Vidal Aroca <rafael at visionbr.com.br> wrote:
>     i'm trying to implement the following scenario:
>
>     - A user calls number 700
>     - Asterisk then dials to extensions 100, 200, 300, 400 and 500
>     - And then bridges all calls to a conference room
>
>     I tried to use MeetMe and ChannelRedirect, but seems that after
> channel redirect nothing more is executed. So, this seem to work for the
> caller and first called, but the others stay outside.
>
>     Could anyone help or give me a hint?

The way I did this kind of thing was like this:

1. Extension 700 calls an AGI script which generates a .call file in
/var/spool/asterisk/outgoing for each of the calls to the other extensions.
Extension 700 then drops into the Meetme room to wait for the others.

2. Each call file specifies a Local channel to make the call to the extension,
and uses the Context, Extension and Priority fields to direct the answered
call into the Meetme room.

If any of the calls to the other extensions fails (e.g. busy), you don't get
any notification of that. If you want such notification, you will need to
get a lot more complex, probably involving a controlling process using the
Manager API.

Hope this helps.

Cheers
Tony