[asterisk-users] The downside of Asterisk and least cost routing...

Per Jessen per at computer.org
Thu May 17 00:31:47 MST 2007

Alex Balashov wrote:

> On Wed, 16 May 2007, Stephen Bosch said something to this effect:
>
>> The fax-to-e-mail services charge as much as the telco does for a
>> business line, sometimes more (at least, the ones I can deal with in
>> this area). Better to set-up hylafax, IMHO.
>
>    Not necessarily, except perhaps in cases of very high volumes.

Actually, I think hylafax+iaxmodem are particularly useful for small
volumes - the kind of situation where you do need a fax, but you might
only receive or transmit something once a week at most.  Setting up
hylafax+iaxmodem takes about an hour.  I haven't found any drawbacks
yet.

/Per Jessen, Zürich

--
ENIDAN Technologies GmbH - managed email security.
Starting at SFr1/month/user - http://www.spamchek.ch/