[asterisk-users] getting call status using Manager API

Christopher Aloi chris.aloi at gmail.com
Wed May 16 19:04:28 MST 2007

Hello -

On 5/16/07, mitcheloc <mitcheloc at gmail.com> wrote:
> Matthew,
>
> If you hold open the connection to the manager api after initiating
> your call you should see packets returning from Asterisk which you can
> parse to get the call state.
>
> I'm not sure if there is a way to do it later after the fact. You can
> execute commands like "Show Channels" through manager though.

If these are two SIP calls; knowing the channel name to parse for is
going to be a bit of a challenge.  Is it possible to do something like
the following?

-> manager sets channel to SIP/foo-UID
-> manager queries status of channel SIP/foo-UID

Since there is a SIP trunk on both sides of this call; no real
extensions are involved.  If this was a Zap bridge I think getting the
channel would be easier.

I'm answering a question with more questions....

-Chris

> On 5/16/07, Matthew M. Boedicker <matthewm at boedicker.org> wrote:
> > I am originating a call using the "Originate" action in the Manager API. It
> > calls one party, then when they answer does the "Dial" application and calls
> > another party and connects the two.
> >
> > Is there a way using the Manager API to check back later on the status of
> > this call (is it still up, etc.)?
> >
> > I have found the "Status" API action, but I don't know how to get what to
> > pass in for the channel parameter.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Matthew Boedicker
> >

> --