[asterisk-users] HPEC audio clipping

Matthew Fredrickson creslin at digium.com
Wed May 16 11:34:42 MST 2007

On May 16, 2007, at 8:14 AM, Olivier wrote:

> 2007/5/15, George Pajari <George.Pajari at netvoice.ca>:
>>
>> >     If you have the clipping issue, make sure you get HPEC version
>> 8.2
>> >     from Digium.
>> >

>> Note, however, that we have observed stability issues with HPEC 8.2
>> (two
>> kernel panics in two weeks since installing HPEC). (The 9.00 version
>> had
>> such severe clipping that we could not run it long enough to determine
>> if it was more stable).
>>
>> g.
>
> So, what's going on ? Should someone file a bug report, so that we can
> check progress on this ?
>
> We have customers waiting for echo cancellation improvement.
> As we already tried to use HPEC, it would be very hard to either try
> something different nor to wait without deadline.
> So ?

I know that ADT (the company that makes the echo cancellation
algorithm) has received some of the sample audio files and are working
on trying to fix it.  We are working hard to solve this problem.  All
things considered, I have heard (with the new echo canceller) that if
you set echocancelwhenbridged=no it makes the problem go away.  Have
you tried that?

Matthew Fredrickson