[asterisk-users] Which KDE editor to edit Asterisk config files ?

Andrew Kohlsmith akohlsmith-asterisk at benshaw.com
Wed May 16 09:57:00 MST 2007

On Wednesday 16 May 2007 11:47 am, Olivier wrote:
> Do you mean nobody has ever done this before (as I thought before asking
> this question to the list) ?
> So which tool KDE users are using for this ?

I am a KDE user, although on Slackware.  Have been for many, many years.

Typically you will find that those who wish to use their GUIs to manipulate
Asterisk will do so through one of the available GUIs.  Those who want to
work on the text files will use vim or emacs.

I develop embedded systems; I use kdevelop for coding for the most part, and
once in a while I'll use Kate to edit config files, but 99% of my time
manipulating text files is done in vim.

Even as I type this I have kdevelop open for the source and html, but I have
three konsole tabs open: one to a screen session to a server I IRC from, one
to a screen session to my development box in the server room (which has two
login sessions going), one to a telnet session to the board I'm developing
for, and finally one to a serial port server which the serial console of the
development box is connected to.

Kate's open, but contains a little textfile I append to which has todo lists
and notes for the development project.

-A.