[asterisk-users] HPEC audio clipping

Stephen Bosch posting at vodacomm.ca
Wed May 16 08:38:45 MST 2007

Olivier wrote:
> 2007/5/15, George Pajari <George.Pajari at netvoice.ca
> <mailto:George.Pajari at netvoice.ca>>:
>

>     >     If you have the clipping issue, make sure you get HPEC version 8.2
>     >     from Digium.
>     >

>     Note, however, that we have observed stability issues with HPEC 8.2 (two
>     kernel panics in two weeks since installing HPEC). (The 9.00 version had
>     such severe clipping that we could not run it long enough to determine
>     if it was more stable).
>
>     g.
>

> So, what's going on ? Should someone file a bug report, so that we can
> check progress on this ?
>
> We have customers waiting for echo cancellation improvement.
> As we already tried to use HPEC, it would be very hard to either try
> something different nor to wait without deadline.
> So ?

Um -- Digium is need of sound captures and debug output for this
problem, because they are having trouble reproducing it in the
laboratory. Perhaps you could help out by making a capture of the
clipping phenomenon using the latest Zaptel (1.2.17) and ztmonitor to
capture audio on the affected channel.

All our cards went into production machines so I can't do this right now.

-Stephen-