[asterisk-users] voice recording on legacy PBX

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Wed May 16 03:32:01 MST 2007

On Wed, 16 May 2007, aslay at pinwee.com.my said something to this effect:

> Is it possible to use Asterisk to record or monitor all conversation on
> standard PSTN PBX ?

   I imagine with enough work you could use it as a pass-through tap by
taking FXO trunks, barging into the media and then turning around and
handing another leg off as FXO again, but I don't know how well it would
work, scale, or, depending on the intended application, be transparent
to users in terms of PBX features / not breaking things / funny sounds /
echo / perceptible rx/tx gain differences, etc.

-- Alex

--
Alex Balashov   <sasha at presidium.org>